The Best Christmas Present in the World - Role-play scripts prepared by students (2018-19)


Script 1
Participants:

1. V. Sai Teja(Hans Wolf)

2. Md. Aves Akthar(Jim Machpherson)


Hans:- Hi, I am Hans Wolf, The Fritz Officer.(they shake hands) Merry Christmas.

Jim:-Hello, I am Jim Macheperson, and Merry Christmas to you too.

Hans:-I am from Dusseldorf, I play the cello in the Orchestra. Why about you?

Jim:-I am a school teacher from Dorset the west of England.

Hans:-Ah Dorset, I know this place very well.

Jim:-Oh, so you have been to Dorset before?

Hans:- No! I have never set foot in Dorset nor in England.

Jim:- Then how day you speak so perfect English?

Hans:-I love reading books. It is a hobby of mine. My favourite book is "Far from from the Madding Crowd" and  my favourite writer is "Thomas Hardy"

Jim:-Do you have a family?

Hans:-I have a wife and a son who born just six moths ago.

Jim:-Oh....

Hans:- What about you?

Jim:- I have a wife. Her name is Connie. We married just two months ago.

Hans:- Well... lets continue the celebrations.

(After the celebrations......)
Hans:- I never had a Christmas party like this.

Jim:-Seems like they have started a football match over there!Look!

(After the match of football)
Hans:-Well, I think it is time for us to leave.Take care Jim Machperson. I shall never forget this day in my life nor shall you. We shall meet again, Until then take care of yourself.

Jim:- Thank you, I have never spent my time like this as a soldier. We shall meet again.

(They salute each other and join their armies in the trenches)




Script

Participants:
1.  J.Madhukar ( Michael)
2. G.Pranay (Mrs Connie's neighbour)

Michael: Good morning.
Neighbour : Good morning.  Happy Christmas, Friend! May I know who you are.
Michael : Happy Christmas! Thanks! I'm Michael. I've come from Dorset.
Neighbour : How do you do?
Michael : How do you do?
Neighbour : May I know the purpose of your visit, Michael?
Michael : I've come to see one Mrs Connie Macpherson.
Neighbour : Let's have a chat in the living room. Come inside.
Michael : Thank you. Your room is lovely.
Neighbour : Thank you. Would you like have something to drink?
Michael : Thank you. Could you please tell me where Mrs Macpherson is? I've found her house to be a burned-out shell.
Neighbour : Yeah, it caught fire last month. Very unfortunate. Mrs Macpherson is a lovely lady.
Michael : How did the house catch fire?
Neighbour : Probably some candles.
Michael : Candles!
Neighbour : The lady preferred candles electricity because she thought candles were cheaper.
Michael : Did she receive any burns?
Neighbour : Fortunately no. She is 101. She has nobody to look after. Some firemen saved her.
Michael : Where is she now?
Neighbour : She is in a nursing house now, Burlington House, on the Dorchester road, on the other side of the town.
Michael : Thanks for the information. I'm going to visit her now.
Neighbour : May I know why you want to visit her?
Michael : I've got a Christmas present to give her. Bye, friend!
Neighbour : Have a nice day! Bye!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class VIII Grammar Worksheet 9 (For Half-Yearly Exam)

ClassXII Should Wizard Hit Mommy? - Phonetic Script of the Text