Class VIII Grammar Worksheet (For Half Yearly Exam) - 4

Grammar Assignment – 4

        1.     Fill in the blanks using had to/has to/have to.
       (a)    I  ………………..  make a phone call now. 
       (b)   My auntie   ………………..  go shopping now. 
       (c)    People ………………… evacuate their beach resorts as they were given a tsunami    warning.
       (d)   Yesterday I didn't have money. I  ……………….. go to the bank. 
       (e)    You ………………..  tell me if you want me to understand what is happening.
        
         2.     Fill in the blanks using the passive form of the verbs in the brackets.
  Last month we attended a cricket match at Uppal Stadium, Hyderabad. A 5-day test match     ……………………………….  (play) between India and Australia. The toss …………………………………. (win)  by Smith, the captain of the Australian team. India ……………………………… (ask) to bat. The Indian batsmen faltered  in the beginning and the first four wickets ……………………………….  (lose) for a paltry score of 54 by lunch break. However, the stylish Hyderabadi batsmen, V.V.S.Laxman steadied the innings. He ……………………………….  (support) by R. Aswin from the other end. Bowlers ……………………………….  (change) frequently to break their partnership.

        3.     Change into reported speech.
Gappu : How have you done your exams?
Gauri: I have done all the exams well.
Gappu : Is English your favourite subject?
Gauri   : It was my favourite subject some time ago. I enjoy doing maths.
Gappu asked Gauri  …………………………..……………  .  Gauri told him …………………………..……………. Gappu asked her …………………………..…………….  . Gauri told him …………………………..……………  . She added that …………………………..…………… .

        4.     Rearrange the words/phrases to make meaningful sentences.
       (a)   agriculture / India’s / depends / economy / on / mainly
       (b)   positions / two / opening / of / our / batsmen / look
       (c)    all alone / were / I / many / was / they / and
       (d)   a horrible / sight / what / saw / was / I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class VIII Grammar Worksheet 9 (For Half-Yearly Exam)

The Best Christmas Present in the World - Role-play scripts prepared by students (2018-19)

ClassXII Should Wizard Hit Mommy? - Phonetic Script of the Text